Subject: SAVE the Historic Figueroa-Riverside Bridge & Preserve it for Future Park Use – Sign the Petition!
Save the Historic Riverside-Figueroa Bridge in Los Angeles for Open Park Space!
Please join this campaign and share with friends: http://chn.ge/1gVz1AB
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OUR HISTORIC RIVERSIDE DRIVE BRIDGE CAN BE PRESERVED
2013-10-24SaveFigueroaBridge : << PDF file – click to view
On January 30, 2008 The City Planning Department adopted this Bridge as Los Angeles Historic
Cultural Monument (LA-908).
– This Bridge is scheduled for an early Spring demolition as part of the Riverside Drive Bridge and
Grade Separation Replacement Project (53C-0160).
– Engineering for the new Replacement Bridge was modified between it’s 2006 approvals and the 2013
placement and no longer requires the demolition of the historic, 1939 steel span structure at a
– The engineer of record for the current project, HNTB, has prepared and provided the Bureau of
Engineering and City Council Offices an agreement to complete a timely change order/scoping report to
carefully assess the scope of the necessary contract changes.
– This pending change order/scoping report is the only responsible mechanism to make an informed
decision and must be completed before City Council is able to make that informed decision to preserve
the proposed portions of the existing Historic Figueroa-Riverside Drive Bridge or let it be demolished.
– If acted upon now, there is limited but still reasonable time to prevent the Bridge demolition.
– City Council needs to know where you stand and if you believe this is a valuable actionable issue.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
A. E-mail City leaders and let them know you want the Figueroa Riverside Bridge to be converted to riverly
Mayor Eric Garcetti email@example.com
CD-1 Councilman Gilbert Cedillo firstname.lastname@example.org
CD-13 Councilman Mitch O’Farrell email@example.com
B. Sign a petition to empower City leaders to do what is necessary to preserve this Bridge for our city’s use.
Petition Link: Change.org Petition