Elysian Valley stakeholders speak via Neighborhood Watch “Public Safety Survey”. Following is a sample of the responses had to date:
1. How safe do you feel in your neighborhood?
· 59% report feeling “somewhat safe” while 36% report feeling very safe
2. Do you feel you live in a high, average or low crime neighborhood?
· 59% feel that they live in an average crime area while 27% feel that they live in a low crime area
3. Do you support the use of surveillance cameras to help stop graffiti, illegal dumping and other criminal activity?
· 91% support the use of surveillance cameras
4. Are you satisfied with police patrol and response in your area?
· 27% report being satisfied while 45% report being somewhat satisfied & 28% not being satisfied
5. Are you in favor of having medical marijuana shops in your area?
· 68% do not support, 18% somewhat support & 14% support
6. How affected are you by any of the following issues in your neighborhood?
· Graffiti 91% report being somewhat to very affected
· Gangs 80% report being somewhat to very affected
· Traffic 95% report being somewhat to very affected
· Environmental 77% report being somewhat to very affected
7. What are the three (3) biggest problems in your neighborhood?
· Lack of Services
· Traffic Control
The full findings will be made known at our August NW meeting. If you have not yet completed a survey we invite you to do so. The survey can be found at our NW website.