Dear Neighbors and Area Stakeholders:
Please find the following minutes from this week’s Neighborhood Watch Meeting.
January 19th, 2013 – Pedestrian/Bike “Share the Path” Outreach Event
- The start time of the event is 10am. The team discussed meeting at the site at 8am to start set-up
- Michael to provide 1 table, 4 chairs and pop-up shelter. Christina and Grove to assist with posting signs, Vincente, David and Bob to distribute fliers at Church, Jasmin to ‘read the list of etiquette during the event, Oliver with CD-13 to provide water, Karin at FOLAR to provide KIND snack bars
- Each entity supporting the event will have a banner: FOLAR http://folar.org/, EVRNC, LA Bike Coalition http://la-bike.org/, EVNW https://evnw.wordpress.com/
- General comments from the public – 1. The event should have an early start time to capture the serious ‘early AM’ bike riders, The ‘problem’ people will probably not stop for the event – How do we reach out to those that do not stop?
- The etiquette rules were reviewed and discussed to ensure everyone understood their meaning.
February Neighborhood Clean-UP (Jed)
- Tentative Date set for Feb 23, 2013. Details to be discussed at the next meeting dated Feb 13, 2013
Area emergency Preparedness Plan
- Bob is working on drafting a course for the neighborhood and will make a presentation when it’s available.
Clean Water Beach Measure
- Jed announced the Clean Water/ Beach Measure and distributed email/ phone numbers to the group to call and follow up with protest forms. 800 218 0018 http://www.lacountycleanwater.org = Time Sensitive – Jan. 15th
- If you do not respond to the mailer you agree to pay the new fee. The only way to vote in opposition to the fee is to respond. A non response is agreeing to the fee.
- read full story here: https://evnw.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/urgent-information-for-property-owners-clean-water-clean-beaches-measure/
Email Newsletter announcement (Jed)
Neighborhood Crime Report (O. Bobby Hill)
- The EVNW was notified of Officer Bobby Hill’s retirement as of January 2013. The EVNW will write a letter thanking him for his service.
- The new senior lead office will be introduced at the February EVNW meeting. Elysian Valleys new senior lead officer is >> Gina Chovan, email@example.com (213) 793-0760
CD-13 Council Eric Garcetti Report (Oliver Delgado)
- Oliver notified the EVNW that he will be traveling later in the month and will not be able to attend the outreach meeting. No New Items for 2013
Bulky-Item and Graffiti Abatement
- Residences reported a spike in the amount of graffiti. Senior Lead Officer Chovan as well as Oliver from CD-13 were present and acknowledged the increased graffiti. This is due to ‘non-violent’ inmates being released from prison by the city in an attempt to balance the city’s budget. EVNW to review and discuss possible action to mitigate the graffiti in the neighborhood.
Thank you for your participation and help in making our neighborhood safer.